*8 signifies infinity…to infinity and beyond! 🥰
- UNEXPECTED SURPRISES. Since we’ve in a long distance relationship before being together, I thought we already talked about every possible scenario we can imagine (that we may experience) and how we will handle it. NO. There are unforeseen surprises (good and not so good) but overall we are thankful that we seem to be doing great, given the fact that we had two moves in a year. House moving and renovations can be so stressful, tiring, and challenging. We are just so happy we are finally in our own home.
- I HAVE A VERY CONSIDERATE HUSBAND. I know how blessed I am but when my husband shared (just recently while we are having a long drive) all the things he considered in choosing our new home, its location, the town amenities (like the park and the safe neighborhood) and how he imagined me enjoying them, my heart melted and I fall in love again and deeper to him.
- GOOD VS COOL WIFE. I can be very critical of myself and even though my husband always try his best to let me know he appreciates everything I do, from cooking to managing the house, I still feel like my efforts are inadequate sometimes. I learned that it is normal to feel disappointed and frustrated (and the difference between the two). I realized I also have the tendency to nag (especially about his eating habits). I learned that even though I do it out of care (and good intentions) I should let go of trivial things. I never want to be or even seem to be controlling or manipulative. I became aware that I can be sensitive, dramatic/emotional, possessive, clingy/needy. I always thought I can try my best and be a cool wife but I am far from cool. LOL. I am a woman, with all my flaws and strengths and he witnessed and experience it everyday. And though I know I should focus on my blessings, I just can’t help some of the things that runs through my head (God knows how much I always pray for Him to remove unnecessary thoughts). The idle mind is indeed the devil’s playground. I feel so much better when I am busy and productive. I feel like I am in a constant training, a work in progress to be the best wife I aim to be.
- ALONE/ME TIME IS A MUST for both the husband and wife. Currently, since I don’t have work yet, I have all the free time in the world. I spent most days alone, unlimited ME time for me. I forget that my husband on the other hand, barely has his ME time, alone or with his friends. I am grateful that he goes home directly after work and even works on our house especially on the weekends. I always look forward to spend time with him but there are things he misses and enjoy that I know only his guy friends can provide, just like me with my girl friends.
- RESPECT, UNDERSTANDING, AND COMMUNICATION. Three things that helped us on our first year together and we know we need to continue working on to celebrate the same years of marriage our beautiful neighbors have. They are all married 40-50+ years. I love that we have married couples we can look up to in our neighborhood.
- ‘LAMBING‘ or AFFECTION. We may feel irritated with one another sometimes but it doesn’t last long, we feel guilty immediately, say sorry, make up, and show ‘lambing‘ or affection to each other. I think it is always good to remember that we should always try to be our ‘nicest’ to our spouse.
- A YEAR OF JUST US FIRST. I realized how great it was to have this year with only just us. No babies yet. We were able to adjust first completely and enjoy each other company. We were able to focus on our needs and prepare our dream home together for our future family.
- FUTURE TO LOOK FORWARD. I can’t wait to celebrate more years with my husband. I look forward to the family we will make, with all its adventures and challenges. I am excited to the routines we will surely have but also to more unexpected surprises life will give. I look forward to our retirement, when it is back to the two of us. I look forward to family reunions and wherever life will lead us, as long as we are together. I always pray that we remember that happiness is a choice and choose to be happy with one another. I realized how important it is to have something to look forward to. To have a goal, a dream, a target or whatever we want to call it. I hope anyone who will read this feel the same way.